Status bar in live view
Show status bar in live view. If unchecked status bar will be hidden. By default, off.
Auto hide bars in single layout
Automatically hide bars in single camera layout after a couple seconds of inactivity. By default, off.
Zoom on double tap in single layout
Zoom in/out on double tap in single camera layout. If unchecked double tap brings multiple camera layout screen. By default, on.
Rec & audio in single layout
Show recording and audio listen buttons in multiple layout. Enable it if you want to allow listening to audio from multiple cameras in foreground or background. By default, off.
Hide rec & audio in single layout
Hide recording and audio listen/talk buttons in single layout when bars are hidden. By default, off.
Auto start live view on boot
Automatically start live view after the device booted. By default, off.
Auto start background mode on boot
Automatically start background mode after the device booted. Useful when you make 24/7 recording via background mode and want to be sure that recording continues after the device unexpectedly rebooted. By default, off.
Auto start web server on boot
Automatically start web server mode after the device booted. Useful for 24/7 recording via background mode. By default, off.
Keep screen on
Do not allow switch off the screen on inactivity while in live view. By default, on.
Show live view at maximum brightness. By default, off.
Dim screen on idle
Dim live view screen after a couple seconds of inactivity. By default, off. Works only when bright screen is on.
Sequence mode timeout
Timeout in seconds when changing cameras or cameras pages sequentially (sequence mode).
Prevent app uses cellular data network if WiFi only selected. By default, All networks used.
Autodetect home/away network
If on (by default) the app tries to guess which local or remote hostname/port should be used if both specified in Camera Settings for the camera.
If the switch is off, the app shows additional Home network menu item in live view left slide menu (drawer). Enabled Home network forces to use local hostname/port, disabled - remote ones.
4 digit passcode to be used to block unauthorized app access. It is also possible unlock the app by fingerprint if the device has fingerprint scanner.
- Widget refresh rate - how often widgets should be updated on home screen when screen is on.
- Keep original aspect ratio in widget. Useful for tablets. By default, off.
- Update widget when roaming.
- Keep original aspect ratio in multiple cameras layout. By default, off.
- Anti-aliasing video image. By default, off.
- H.264/H.265 decoder to be used for video decoding. By default, software decoder is used. Hardware one is available only for Android 4.3+ devices. Switch to software decoder if hardware causes the crashes.
- Suppress audio speaker when mic is on - prevent echo while talking and listening at the same time. By default, on.
- Push to talk - keep pressing mic button while talking. By default, off.
- Background audio - keep using audio when audio was switched on and the app left by pressing Home button or screen was switched off. By default, off. Multiple cameras can be monitored in background if Rec & audio in single layout is switched on.
- Alarm sound - sound to be played when motion detected.
- Connection lost sound - sound to be played when audio connection lost.
- Recording directory - storage location. Use Default button to select default internal or external (SD card) if available path.
- Encoder - encoder to be used for recording. H.264 encoder writes video into MP4 files (by default), and is available only for Android 4.3+ devices. Use JPEG encoder if you have any issues with H.264 one.
- Cut by duration (min) - cuts MP4 files into segments when duration reached. 15 min by default.
- Cut by size (MB) - cuts MP4 files into segments when duration reached. 50 MB by default.
- Draw timestamp - draw time in recording in the lower left corner.
- Record before motion detected (background mode only). Use when recording is done on motion detection. The app maintains in memory pre recording image buffer and records it when motion detected. If you have OutOfMemory error decrease this value. By default, no.
- Record after motion detected. By default, 10 sec.
- Untrusted SSL certificates, e.g self-signed ones, allow man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack. However it is not recommended to disable them unless you know what you are doing. By default, on.
- Cloud service - press to choose which cloud provider should be used in the app. The choices are Amazon Cloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive (if Google Play Services installed), Microsoft OneDrive.
- Press Link to link the app against the chosen cloud provider.
Remote FTP server address for putting recordings.
- FTP status - press to check if the connection can be established to FTP server.
- Server - IP address or hostname of FTP server.
- Port number of FTP server. By default, 21.
- Username - username for accessing FTP server.
- Password - password for accessing FTP server.
Email account is used for sending notifications emails. There is a limit - 300 emails per month. Emails are beeing sent via tinycammonitor.com server from email@example.com.
- Email status - shows number of emails left this month.
- Email address - address used for sending notification emails.
Internal web server for remote access cameras added in the app and getting recorded archives.
- Enabled - start web server and put Web server checkbox in app drawer for quicker access.
- Web server port number. By default, 8083.
- Username - username for accessing internal web server.
- Password - password for accessing internal web server.
- Custom vendors xml file - path to local xml file where external camera models defined.
- Read app logs - app logs for troubleshooting.
- Read wearable app logs - wearable app logs for troubleshooting.
Allow the app developer to collect usage statistics anonymously to improve the app.